Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where has my little boy gone?


Devin turns 13 this month and will officially be a teenager. (yikes!) He is really excited, humm...
I on the other hand am having a little trouble with him growing up to fast. Look at his sweet face and tell me you just don't want to just pinch those cheeks. If you tried it now you will hear nothing but protest.


Yesterday I was dropping him off at school and he was getting out and I say to him (like everyday) "Remember who you are and have a good day Poppy (his nick name) I love you!" In return all I ask is a simple "I love you too mom" but NO... yesterday he simply said "Yo, peace out Mom!" WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ALL ABOUT! I sat there looking at the back of his head as he walked away thinking to myself, Where has my little Boy gone? It's bad enough that I have to get over the fact he is a teen, but do they have to make such big changes all at once? OK maybe I just can't admit that it is me that is growing to old to fast. I still miss my Baby Boy.


I am sure there are going to be repercussions from this post so pray for me.

2 comments:

Tamye Messmer said...

I have had a simumlar experience with my 2 year old. (I'm refering to the Peace Out Mom comment) When I drop him off at the sitters in the morning it is a routine of getting out of the car, he gives me his hand, and I walk (while he jumps and skips to the door. I ring the door bell and we wait for someone to answer. then I give him a hug and a kiss and he says "bye Bye" well this was not the case this week. He got out of the car, resisted holding my hand, ran ahead of me to the door and rang the bell himself. When it was opened to him he simply step inside and turned. I thought "oh he is turning for his customary hug and kiss" but what I received was a Quick BYE! and then he shut the door. I too stood there for a moment staring at the front door not sure what to do with myself. I walked solemnly to my car after the door had been reopened by the sitter to say our goodbyes. By that time sterling had already ran deep into the house and was getting started with his day. Now that you have shared your experience with us today I can now be a little more prepared for Sterlings Peace Out reply when he is 13.

NM Beans said...

When i see those pics of devin, that is exactly how i remember him. When i saw him this summer, i couldn't believe it was him. It does amaze me how our babies do grow and have a mind of their own. At least he is still acknowledging you in public with the peace out MOM. He said mom in public, now that is cool. you are doing such a great job as a mom and John too as a dad. Keep it up.