Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Old Days!


This was taken several years after we lived there. Hence the need of a paint job and a few other things. I am told that this house was once the old school house in town. Grandpa bought it and then they moved it to where it sit now.


I was going through some old photos and I ran across one of our old farm house in Lovell, WY. it was also the house that my Dad grew up in. Dad and Grandpa used to raise cattle and grow beats. I only lived in this house until I was 5 but I still have some very fond memories. Mostly of my Mother, being that I was 5 and not aloud to roam to far from her side. I remember her standing in the kitchen making dinner or washing dishes while I played in the big orange padded toy box under the window.

I remember her driving the beat truck and her telling me not to lean on the door because I could fall out... and I did! Right into a ditch. (luck had it that it was dry, thank goodness!) Mom, of course then said "It serves you right!" (in her loving way)

There was a day I remember the basement had flooded and it backed up the sewage and someone had to clean it out. Humm... I sat at the top of the stairs and watched her standing in knee high waste with rubber boots that came to her chest. She then shoveled it all out and then washed everything down. I am sure that if it had been me I would have just moved, to avoid having to do what she did. She was always such a hard worker and thinking of what she could do next.

I remember laying in bed upstairs and her laying next to me as we waited for Dad to come in with the fresh milk. She then explained to me why it was not a good choice I made on cutting off my left ponytail, just because I couldn't get the rubber band off. Needless to say I had a hair cut that was not very flattering for a girl. I sure do miss her sweet face and voice.

0 comments: